Delicious and Sweet Holiday Treats
If you need something easy and delicious for your Christmas dinner, give the Pineapple Casserole a shot--you won't regret it! Need something impressive for a friends house? Go with the Snowmen Oreo Snowballs. Both Southland Road and Old Todds locations are happy to taste test any of your holiday favorites--stop by with them anytime!
30 oz pineapple tidbits (drained)
3 eggs beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup half & half
5 slices of white bread (Wonderbread if possible), cubed
1 stick of butter-melted
Stir all ingredients together. Pour in a 2 quart casserole pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Yes, it's that easy!!!!
Comments are off
MELTED SNOWMEN OREO BALLS
*1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
*36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
*16 oz vanilla candy coating, melted (like Candiquick or almond bark)
*48 mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
*Decorating icing or gel
1.Crush OREOS in food processor (if available) and then mix well w/ melted cream cheese
2. Shape into 48 (1-in) balls.
3. Stick toothpick in balls (remove later, after dipping).
4. Freeze for minimum of 20 minutes, and then dip in melted candy coating. It’s recommended to separate the coating into 2 bowls as OREOS can leave some black cookie residue after dipping. Switch to second bowl when necessary.
5. Chill balls until coating is set
6. Decorate as shown in photo. Use the candy coating to adhere the hat to the head.
7. Place in the fridge immediately for 1 hr to set up the decorations. Keep refrigerated.
*Adapted from www.snackworks.com/recipe/meltingSnowmen-cookie-balls-128120.aspx